God’s word are full of wonders.
When we purchase a phone or an iPad or any other gadget we are keen to learn how to use them in order to maximise all it has to offer. We do this through reading the manual, user guide etc.
This same approach is needed in our lives as Christians. We must see the Bible as our operational manual. It is our responsibility to read this manual so we will always know what to do in the battles of life.
Two and a half years ago my brother feel ill and die within a short period. Now, if you have lost someone you will know that this is a tough road to travel. Glory to God, that today I can confidently say that the potency of the word of God saw me through the initial pain and is still seeing me through.
So why must we know the word of God.
- God’s word lighten your path– it gives directions, it’s a life compass. One can never go wrong following this path. ( Psalm 119:105)
- God’s word gives understanding. The word is full of wisdom and with that comes understanding. ( Psalm 119:130)
- God’s word is comforting. If you are ever feeling lost or hopeless find the right words, read them, digest them, and comfort will be found. I have experience this several times in my life. The word never fails. (Phillipians 4:19), (1 Peter 5 6-7) ( Isaiah 41:10)
- God’s word can recreate your own world. The same way God used words to bring form to a void world we can use His word to shape our lives. Speak and believe His word despite what we see and it will surely bear fruit in our lives. He cannot be separated from His word. (Isaiah 55:10-11)
- God’s word sanctifies. His word is the only truth that exists. If there are areas in your life which is contrary to God’s word don’t mistake it for the truth about your life. The issue may be a fact but it’s not the truth (John 17:17 )
- God’s word is a spiritual weapon of war. The word of God is a weapon in your hand/mouth. It can be used to fight the onslaught of the enemy, whenever war is rage against any area of your life.For every challenge of life there is a word for it. We need to find that word and use it. For every challenge of life there is a word for it. We need to find that word and use it. Click To Tweet
- God’s word is a spirit which raise a standard against the enemy. We are at war everyday. Even when we sleep the enemy fights us. The level of the word in us determines how we handle the enemy. Do we shiver from fear or do we stand and say “It is written….” as Jesus said to the devil when He was tempted? The level of word in us determines whether we win or not. ( Isaiah 59 :19)
- God’s world carries healing virtues- God is still in the business of healing, it could be spiritual, emotional, financial, name it, He can do it whether you believe it or not. (Psalm 107:20)
- God’s word is full of power– By His word Peter walked on water, by His word Lazarus rose from the dead, by His word five loaves fed five thousand, by His word the raging sea was calmed. If we speak His word with authority and believe then we can see wondrous things in our lives.
- God’s word is full of prophesy– In the book of Isaiah for example. the birth of Jesus was prophesied (Isaiah 7:14). There are too many to record here but there are endless prophesies that we can run with to make our life a reflection of God’s glory.