Today’s post is a guest post by blogger and writer Kudzai Pasirayi
Here are 10 Tips on increasing Faith as children of God. Most importantly, we need to understand what faith really means to be able to work on it. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. It is a cornerstone of survival in the journey of life as believers.
Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen according to Hebrew 11 vs. 1. In simpler terms, faith is the now of God, which leads us to understand that things not seen becomes evidence of things or substances hoped for. We can be put right with God as we have faith in Him. To increase this faith, here are tips to follow:
- 1. Confessing Jesus– Firstly, you are to confess Jesus is Lord and believe God raised Him from death to save you. Allowing Him to be your Saviour, will increase faith as He will be with you in good and bad times in the journey of life. Having Jesus by your side and confessing His Lord is the greatest way to please God.
- Hearing the Word of God – You will feel transformed by reading the bible. In the book of Romans 10 vs 8 it makes it clear that one cannot have faith if they don’t hear the message and also not believe the word of God. The word of God is a two-edged sword which should be on your lips and heart. It is alive even today which means when you believe in it you have a right to have the promises of God. Reading and hearing the word of God will equip you as you increase your faith in God.
- Prayer – As you kneel before God, you make the matters of your heart known to Him. It is very important to pray the bible tells us to pray without ceasing. He will be able to help our unbelief’s and increase our faith when we pray to Him.
- Testimonies– As we give testimonies of what God has done for us or protected us from, we reinforce our belief in Him that He is a great God. It will greatly increase our faith that He can do greater works in our lives. By sharing our testimonies, we can also increase the faith of others who might be going through trials to not give up.
- Having patience – when we have patience in things not seen to become things hoped for, we understand the perfect will of God. In Habakkuk 1 vs 3, God reminds us that the time will surely come, though it might be slow in coming but it will surely happen. We will surely experience the perfect will of God by having patience and not losing courage which will increase our faith. Jeremiah 29 vs 11 reminds us that He alone knows the plans he has for us, of good not evil.
- Chosen Generation– my chosen people, Israel, when we know who we are, we will be able to have faith as nothing will move us. Believe in who you are, you are loved by God.
- Obedience in God – As we obey our God, we increase our faith. For example, Noah obeyed God and built an ark in which he and his family were saved. He listened to God’s warning about things in the future that he could not see. Obedience is definitely a great tip in increasing faith as it can be a great test to obeying Gods commands. We can really be saved for righteous that comes by faith.
- Trust God – in good and bad times, we are to always trust God. He is a supreme God who will never leave us or forsake us. As we put our hope and trust in Him, we know we can please Him. Those who put their trust in God is like trees planted near a stream and their leaves stay green according to Jeremiah 17 vs 8.
- Making declarations– When we decree and declare, things not seen are established. It becomes reality as we have faith that all things all things are possible. Having faith as small as a mustard seed, we can move mountains in our lives. As God created the heavens and earth, the bible records that God said Let there be light and it was established. As children of God, we can declare and decree things and see it happen.
- Believe – “those who believe in me will do what I do and even greater things” john 14 vs 16. In all times, we are to believe no matter what is surrounding us. We will increase our faith that things can become better. For instance, if you are sick, just believe you will get better. Just believe.
Be encouraged to increase your faith considering these 10 tips. Remember without faith you can’t please God.
Kudzai Pasirayi is an ingenious blogger penetrating age, race and religion through publishing posts, articles, books and spoken words on various platforms. Be inspired to get her published book title “What Life Teaches Us” available on Amazon which, illustrates an insight treasury of life lessons.